[Job opportunity] Communication Assistant
|Position title:||Communication Assistant|
|Location:||Ho Chi Minh City|
|Duration of Contract:||3 months, with extension possibility|
|Expected working hours:||10-15 hours/week, flexible|
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
- CA reports to the Communication Officer.
- CA works closely with the Administrative staff.
CA is responsible for assisting the Communication team in maintaining the smoothly operation of all aspects of EfD-Vietnam communication activities to ensure that our they are of a consistently high quality and contribute to EfD Policy Interaction and Communication deliverables.
1. External communications
- Ensure that EfD-Vietnam communications positively and consistently reinforce EfD identity;
- Assist in producing informative and publicity materials about EfD-Vietnam in various forms (e.g. brochure, briefing papers, website, video, annual report, signage, office decorations) and distribute to staff, beneficiaries, and other stakeholders;
- Assist in managing media relation and gain publicity for EfD-Vietnam events;
- Provide news-worthy stories upon frequent basis;
- Prepare and attend relevant networking events upon requests;
- Provide useful information related to the environment and sustainable development of Vietnam to mass media, social media, donors and sponsors;
- Participate in organizing workshop or seminars;
- Support EfD in carrying initiatives to promote the identity
2. Internal communications
- Provide materials for EfD-Vietnam publications and newsletters quarterly;
- Provide support for team building activities, internal workshop;
- Provide translations of key documents for staff;
- Distribute press clipping to staff member on an agreed timeline;
- In charge of internal communications activities upon task assignment.
3. Communications in research projects
- Work closely with EfD-Vietnam researchers in producing policy brief or IEC (Information, Education and Communication) materials;
- Participate in organising development communication networking and advocacy for environmental issues.
PERSONAL QUALITIES, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
1. Core competencies
- Commitment to EfD vision and mission;
- Teamwork: The ability to work cooperatively and flexibly with other members of the team with a full understanding of the role to be played as a team member;
- Communication: The ability to communicate clearly and persuasively verbally and in writing;
- Accountability and integrity: Our obligation as individuals to account for our activities, to accept responsibility for them, and to disclose the results in a transparent manner; and
- Adaptability and flexibility: The ability to meet changing conditions and respond to new organisational requirements, with flexibility and resilience.
2. Functional competencies – technical
- Good understanding about the communications media such as newspapers, television, IEC materials, online media, social networks and working procedures of those media;
- Ability to undertake detailed activities with a high level of accuracy;
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and promote new approaches;
- Ability to build good working relationships, both internally and externally the organization;
- Good understanding about digital marketing and ability to use popular internet marketing platforms and services;
- Good negotiation skills; good client services handling skills and conflict resolution skills;
- Good presentation and facilitation skills;
- Good time management and organisational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities, work to deadlines in well-organized and systematic manner;
- Excellent written and spoken English and Vietnamese, especially for communications area;
- Excellent computer literacy and experience with computerized information (including spreadssheets, databases), familiar with software packages under Windows, Microsoft Office and E-mail.
3. Qualifications & experiences
- Senior student or university qualification in marketing, media, press and relevant field;
- Experience in public relation or communications or journalism;
- Experience in facilitating internal communications activities;
- Working experience with social-work programs or in NGO / INGO is preferable
WORKING CONDITIONS & OTHER ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Adherence to written confidentiality policy/agreement is required;
- Wage will be paid according to actual time working, on average from 10 to 15 hours per week (or more based on activities and agreement, but not more than 40 hours).
- Commitment and adherence to EfD-Vietnam policies and procedures is required.
The application must contain:
- Résumé/CV and personal details.
- A cover letter (a maximum of 1 page) in which the applicant explains how he/she intends to work if he/she is offered the position.
- All attachments must be named with reference number <2018-EfD-03>.
Additional material might be requested.
The application should be sent to: email@example.com