[Job opportunity] Accountant cum Project Administrative Assistant
|Position title:||Accountant cum Project Administrative Assistant|
|Location:||Ho Chi Minh City|
|Type of contract:||Full-time employee|
|Expected starting day:||October – November 2018|
The Economy and Environment Partnership for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA) developed from the Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia. EEPSEA is based at University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City (UEH). EEPSEA supports the training and research in environmental and resource economics with the goal of strengthening local capacity in the economic analysis of environmental issues so that researchers can provide sound advice to policymakers. The goals of EEPSEA are (1) to conduct environmental economics and transdisciplinary research that address human-environment interface challenges in Southeast Asia, (2) to engage researchers from different disciplines, decision makers and communities towards sustainable development in Southeast Asia and (3) to enhance the capacity of Southeast Asian researchers and decision makers to be effective partners in a transformation process.
With a generous support from Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), EEPSEA is implementing the Project “Environmental Economics Partnership for Greener, Cleaner and Inclusive Development in Southeast Asia”. The overall goal of the project is to support a development path that is greener, cleaner and inclusive contributing to achievement of several Sustainable Development Goals under Agenda 2030.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY
1. Accounting: (50%) The accountant needs to ensure proper compliance of the organization accounting to the principles stipulated by the law and by the rules and policies as set out by EEPSEA, UEH and involved Donors. Some specific tasks are below, but not exhaustively:
- Carry out bookkeeping of the projects’ accounts to ensure that the management is compiled with the requirement of the specific donors.
- Enter data into the accounting system.
- Consolidate quarterly and yearly the accounts requested by authorized persons, including UEH staff and auditors.
- Sign on bank transfer forms.
- Control cash flow both between donors and EEPSEA
- Check all contracts before approval in accordance with budget and prepare respective payments.
- Prepare cash flow projections for headquarter when requested.
- Manage and follow up quarterly fund request orders to donors.
- Finalize financial statements and invoices to the donors as required.
- Reconcile monthly cash and bank balance in the account and prepares monthly financial reports for cash (USD, EUR, and VND) and bank account
- Monitor expenditure against budget
- Assist financial audits
2. Project Assistant: (50%) Some specific tasks are below, but not exhaustively:
- Provide administrative services and paper work in the operational management of the project
- Undertake all preparation work for procurement of office equipment, stationeries and support facilities as required;
- Provide support in preparing project events, including workshops, meetings (monthly, quarterly and annual), study tours, trainings, travel etc., as required; This also includes consolidation of background materials for use in discussions and briefing sessions on the Project’s matter;
- Assist in providing logistical arrangements including processing visa, transportations, hotel bookings for project staff, consultants and invited guests engaged in the Project’s activities;
- Assist with preparation of TORs, procurements and contracts for consultants for project activities;
- Maintain an active file of all personnel, consultants of the project; and regularly update the contacts of relevant Project’s partners, Government officials;
- Assist with the project communication activities as required.
- Undertake relevant tasks as assigned by the Director/ Project Leader.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree and relevant field experiences in financial and/or accounting
- At least 2-year working experience in financial and/or accounting field
- Practical experience with education and non-profit sector
- Practical experience with accounting software and Computer literate on MS office software.
- Good command of Vietnamese and English.
Interested candidates should apply online via this link https://goo.gl/forms/SSypN9FHIoGrS2kI3 by 5pm October 10th, 2018.
Candidate reviews will commence immediately upon publication of this announcement and will continue until a suitable candidate has been identified.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.