The Economy and Environment Partnership for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA) is pleased to announce a call for proposals for the 2020 Small Research Grants up to US$ 8,000 for young researchers from Cambodia, Lao PDR, and Myanmar who are starting their career and looking for a chance to gain experience in the field of environmental economics, with close supervision by EEPSEA Senior Economists. Proposal evaluation will be done as proposals come in so interested applicants are encouraged to submit their full proposals soonest.
EEPSEA has started its mission since 1993 to support training and research in environmental and natural resource economics in Southeast Asia. Its goal is to strengthen local capacity in the economic analysis of environmental problems so that researchers can provide sound advice to policymakers.
Research topics that apply the tools of economics in the analysis of policy-relevant environmental challenges are invited. EEPSEA accepts research proposals on priority national environmental problems. In addition, it encourages research proposals dealing with:
- Economics of climate change: Damage assessment and adaptation options
- Designing behavioral economics tools for green growth strategy: Greening forestry sector, renewable energy, greening consumption.
- Coastal and marine resources conservation for climate change resilience and poverty reduction
- Urban poor and the environment: Industrial pollution, ecosystem and human health impact, resilience, policy instruments and institutional changes,
Research proposals should incorporate analysis of the gender dimension of the environmental crisis/problem.
- Applicants must be a nationality of Cambodia, Lao PDR, or Myanmar;
- Research projects with partial funding from other sources is acceptable;
- Master students looking for thesis support are also welcomed.
The file name should be in the following format: Last Name<space>SRG2020 (e.g., Kim SRG2020).
Research proposal should be received on or before 01 June 2020. Please note: Only accepted applicants will be notified by 15 July 2020.
The call for proposal 2020 EEPSEA Call for SRG
The Full Proposal Format EEPSEA Proposal Format for SRG